Take a close look at the challenges you might encounter in your everyday business life and gain confidence in international communication – even in a language that might not be your mother tongue.
In order for you to make an impression on your international business partners, it is of prime importance that you are able to overcome your inhibitions and articulate yourself with self-confidence.
In this seminar, you will learn how to develop professional competence in international communication. You will practise how to overcome challenges in intercultural communication and to make a good impression in every situation. By the end of the seminar, you will feel more confident in various communication settings and be prepared to communicate effectively, even in a language that might not be your mother tongue or that of your conversation partner.
Confidence in international communication
- Gain confidence in communicating in intercultural settings.
- Communicate effectively in various situations.
- Develop a personal toolbox to be applied in different communication situations.
Conversation and communication skills
- Challenges in international communication
- Typical sources of communication misunderstandings
- Small talk: considering the dos and don’ts as well as the cultural aspects
- Key techniques to keep conversations going
- Dos and don’ts when conversing over the telephone or other remote media
- Negotiation techniques
- Influencing others without formal authority
- Key techniques for asking questions, use of diplomatic language, persuasion skills
Graduate of the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst (UK). Trainer specialising in leadership and intercultural management. Many years of management experience as an officer in the British Army. TESOL certificate from Trinity College London. NLP practitioner.
Trainer input and individual work
Group and individual work, trainer input and case studies.
Professionals of all levels
Managers and professionals from all industries who want to improve their communication skills.
The Seminar Powerful and Effective Communication is accredited as follows:
Professional Development Units
14 PDUs within the range Leadership