When taking on your first leadership role, your responsibilities shift. In this seminar, you will take a close look at your new role, train the most important leadership tools and develop your own leadership style.
As a leader, your primary tasks are to motivate, empower, make great decisions and develop your team. For a first-time leader, mastering all of the aforementioned is demanding.
This seminar will help you to develop critical leadership skills. You will be able to become familiar with your new leadership role. You will learn about different leadership styles and figure out which style best complements your personality and is most effective for your team. You will train essential leadership tools as well as communication techniques that take cultural differences into account. The skills learned will strengthen your confidence and performance as a first-time leader.
Gain confidence in your first leadership role
- Develop a leadership toolbox to master your new role with confidence.
- Determine which leadership style suits your personality and strengths best and learn how to apply different leadership styles in various situations.
- Know how to build trust and commitment within your team – not only on-site, but also at a distance.
- Enhance your communication skills, in general and in international business settings.
Basic leadership skills and leadership tools
- Distinguishing between leaders and managers
- Becoming familiar with your new role
- Different leadership styles, including situational leadership and coaching
- Developing your own authentic and effective leadership style
- Delegating effectively
- Principles of communication
- How to give appreciative and effective feedback
- Developing your team
- Intercultural aspects of leadership
- Leading at a distance
Director Product and Process Lufthansa InTouch. Birgit Karl ist mit ihren Teams verantwortlich für die Steuerung von Infrastruktur und IT, Projekten, Prozessmanagement, strategische Qualität und für globales Trainingsmanagement im gesamten Service Center Verbund der Lufthansa InTouch.
Discussions, reflection, group work, role play, trainer input.
Young professionals with their first leadership role and high potentials working in an international environment.
The seminar Stepping into Leadership is accredited as follows:
Professional Development Units
14 PDUs within the range Leadership