In order to reach win-win agreements with your business partners, your negotiations need to be prepared thoroughly. Find out which tools to use to prepare for and conduct your negotiations successfully. Get to know the principles of the Harvard Negotiation Concept and learn about the importance of good relationship management.
Negotiations involving foreign business partners can have a significant strategic, financial and technological impact on your organisation. Therefore, you need skills and techniques which allow you to negotiate successfully with partners of different nationalities and from different cultures.
By attending this seminar you will develop and train your personal negotiation techniques. In addition, you will be provided with strategies and tools to prepare and lead challenging international negotiations in your relevant business culture. The skills offered in this seminar will help you to become a competitive and collaborative negotiation partner. Furthermore, you will enhance and improve long-term relationships with your international business partners.
Confidence in international negotiation techniques
- You get a toolbox to systematically prepare and lead negotiations.
- You develop an understanding of different cultural profiles and their impact on negotiations.
- You are able to reach agreements in a competitive yet collaborative way.
Negotiation strategies and international business
- Structure and flow of a negotiation process
- Assessing the cultural profile of your negotiation partner(s) and tailoring your approach accordingly
- Principled negotiation: the four principles of the Harvard Negotiation Concept
- Building relationships and creating trust with international business partners
- Toolbox for leading conversations and influencing others in a cross-cultural setting
- Dealing with critical situations in international negotiations
- Tactics and techniques to close a negotiation and reach final win-win agreements
Internationally recognised trainer and facilitator, based in Sydney/Australia, with experience in Australia, South-East-Asia, US and Europe, specialised in international negotiations, intercultural communication, presentation and facilitation skills, leadership, change management and team development. Qualified with a masters degree in business and as certified trainer. Accredited as trainer and facilitator at the European Commission.
Trainer input with individual and group work
Individual and group work, trainer input, role plays on prepared case studies. As this course aims at mastering negotiations in English, a good command of the English language is necessary.
Professionals of all levels
Managers and professionals from all industries who want to improve their negotiation skills in an international business context.
The Seminar International Negotiations is accredited as follows:
Professional Development Units
14 PDUs within the range Leadership